Let's organize your project
The first step you will need to do when using Profields is to create a layout where you will place the project fields you need to start organizing your portfolio. Let's get started.
Step 1: Starting with a layout
- Click on the Profields menu on the JIRA navigation bar and select Layout.
- A list of your layouts will be displayed. Click on any of them to edit it, or click Create new layout to create a new one.
- The first things you can edit are the layout's title and description. Just click directly on the text.
Step 2: Adding containers and sections
Your layout, your rules. Create containers and sections where you will place your project fields. Check out the video below:
Step 3: Creating your first project fields
- Assuming you don't have any fields yet, click on the Add field button at the bottom of a container.
- Select an existing field, or click Create new field to add a new one.
- Select the field type you want, e.g. Date. This field type will create a Date picker project field that allows a user to select a specific date.
- Type the field's name and a description, and click Create.
- Once created, the field will be automatically added to the container.
- Repeat the action Add field until you have created all the fields that you need to organize your projects.
Step 4: Organizing the layout
- Organizing a layout is very simple, you just need to add the fields you need and then organize the containers and sections. You can even drag and drop containers and fields in your layout! Check out the video below:
- After a field is created, you can apply it to projects. To do this, click Associate project.
- In the dialog box, you will see a list of the projects to which you can apply a field (those that aren't applied to any other layout.) To filter the project list, use the text box at the top-right of the dialog box.
- To select a specific project, click Select project on the right-side of the project To select all projects, click on the Select all current button.
- When you are done selecting the projects, click Save changes to complete the action.
- Congratulations! You have created your first project fields and applied your layout to one or more projects.