List fields are used to create a list of values. The values can be added manually or imported from an external data source.
You can select between a Single choice list or Multiple Choices lists.
For the List type of field you have to fill the following fields:
- Options: You can order the options alphabetically, delete them, or change the order in which they are displayed.
|Map into a JIRA issue custom field||Allows you to have a JIRA custom field associated with this project field. This value will be automatically updated with the information of the project field.|
|Restrict visibility||Select the project role that will be able to view this field. Project administrators are always able to view and edit the value of fields.|
|Depends on another list||Select another list that the value will depend on, e.g. State → City.|
|Option id is different than the value|
You can specify different values and id's for the List options.
List with an external data source
The values of a list in Profields can depend on the values of an external data source. So far only databases are available.
- To create a database connection, go to Profields → Connections.
- Select Create Connection.
Enter the required information.
For connection string you have the following examples of the most important databases:
- Select a list in the Fields Manager (Go to Profields → fields.)
- Under External Sources, select a source.
- Enter the required information, including the SQL Query that will be used to get the values.