Organizing project fields
In this section you will learn how to use Project Navigator, one of the main functionalities of Profields 5.0, most effectively. This screen is used to search for, find, and filter information about your JIRA projects.
The project Navigator screen
The project Navigator screen, to a large extent, emulates JIRA's Issue Navigator. The screen has three main parts:
- Search section: Search field and filter options
- Saved filters section: Save filters side bar
- Results section: Results table and columns
Searching and applying filters
There are two search and filter methods:
- Basic Filter: In the Search section, select a filter you want to search by and then select a filter value.
How to work with List, Status, or Priority filters - You can select one option from a list of values, or type in the text box to search for matching values.
How to work with the User picker - Only ten results are displayed. To view more, start typing the name of the user you are searching for.
To remove a filter criteria, click More criteria and then clear selected items by clicking on the X icon.
- Advanced Searching
Adding columns to the table of results
- In the Results section, click on the button at the top-right of the table.
- From the drop-down list, select the field you want to include in the table. You can also search for a specific field by typing in the text box.
- Click Update.
Removing columns from the table of results
There are two ways to remove columns from the table of results:
- In the Results section, click on the
- Click on the Options menu (
Creating a new project field directly from the Project Navigator
You can create a new field without the need to go to the Fields Manager: